It takes a gifted artist to become a great teacher and those who dare to teach never cease to learn.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Thai Chi in Posada

From Karla on Friday morning, before the last day of classes:
(Posada Corazon's peaceful gardens in September '09)
This morning I put on a warm sweater and went out into the beautiful garden in the back courtyard of the Posada Corazon. I found a quiet, peaceful spot and began my morning T'ai Chi routine. Well, my new buddies, the backyard watchdogs, began wrestling all around my legs, trying to get my attention. It was a little hard to focus and I thought I would not find the calm that I needed. But then as made my first turn back, I saw a little tiny land snail on the top back of a garden bench. As I did my T'ai Chi and turned in that direction I was able to watch that snail SLOWLY make its progress down the back of the bench. It was slow, it was calm, it was peaceful. Just what I needed to focus!
My practice over, I climbed the stairs back towards my room. And when I looked up there was a full morning moon in the sky. It was a great way to start the day. Later on we saw a hummingbird hovering and the black cat came to visit in the room. There's always something lovely happening here.

No comments: